Programme Article – Gateshead (2nd May 2022)
Here is the article from the Gateshead programme written by our Chair, Chris Blackburn.
Welcome to our final regular league home game of the season. At the time of writing, it looks like the pen will have to be warmed up one more time for a play off quarter final, so fingers crossed. Today is also hugely significant for the visitors as they chase the title. The highlight without doubt for me of watching Chorley on the road this season was the win at the ‘Heed in January, although we could easily have come home with 2 less points.
As you may be aware, the Chorley FC Supporters Trust recently announced the date for our AGM. We have pushed it back slightly this year as with the Queen’s Jubilee, we know alot of people will be taking holidays. The AGM will be held on Wednesday 29th June, both in person at the Victory Park Social Club and on Zoom for those who are not able to attend in person. If you would like to propose a motion to the AGM, please email Alison Butcher on email@example.com.
There will be the usual business including the Chairman’s Statement, review of the last season’s activities and the financial statement.But without giving away the whole AGM in this match programme article, what have we done in the last 12 months…. Well a sample includes:
- Held a very successful race night
- Held a successful Christmas Quiz
- Have sold Golden Goals at all home games this season
- Thanks also to our many sponsors of the Golden Goals inckluding JRK Decorators, Chorley Travel, Bootleggers, Sam’s Barbers, Piri Piri Spice, The Black Horse, Pudsey Precast and many more
- Hosted our pledges scheme which is lkikely to generate £1,000, which we are targetting on spending on improving the fan experience
- Held our Grand National Sweepstake
- Did our annual sponsored walk – this year to AFC Fylde
- Pete Thompson, are Supporter Director has regularly represented the trust at games, board meetings and other events, putting forward questions on behalf of the fans
- We have held regular monthly meetings, often on Zoom with the challenges of the pandemic. The most notable of these was the one attended by Graham Watkinson, Club Owner and Secretary where a huge number of topics were covered in an open and transparent manner
- We have worked on our plans fior the future and there will be more to share on these soon
As the AGM is also a time to join the board, please do give it some thought. The trust is run by a small but committed bunch of volunteers, but as the owners of 9% of Chorley FC, we have big plans for the future, Any help, big or small, would always be appreciated.So as a final note, thank you for reading the trust ramblings throughout the season and for all your comments on what you have liked and didn’t!